Purely Scottish have made a planning application for “Extension to building and erection of water tanks”. The OCA committee plan on submitting a comment but would strongly encourage individual responses as these are likely to carry more weight.
A response is required by Friday 17th April 2020
The application can be found here:
Or on the East Lothian Planning site under reference 20/00183/P
You can comment online. How to comment on a planning application can be found here
The email address for comments is email@example.com
To assist the community during the Covid Pandemic the OCA Committee has set up a hardship fund. This is open to anyone in the Parish of Oldhamstocks (this includes Oldhamstocks, Cocklaw, Dunglass, Bilsdean, Birnieknowes, Stottencleugh, Ferneylea, Woollands etc.)
1. The OCA Hardship Fund (OCAHF) is a discretionary Fund to support unforeseen emergencies and should only be used when all other avenues have been considered.
The Fund cannot replace statutory funding.
2. The OCAHF is designed to provide support to those Oldhamstocks parish residents who are experiencing unexpected financial distress as a direct result of Coronavirus / Covid-19.
3. The OCAHF is there to help with unexpected costs which are unable to be met from either personal or statutory finances and which threaten to impact on well-being, either physically or mentally.
4. OCAHF will prioritise those parish residents experiencing the most severe financial difficulty
5. OCAHF will prioritise items which will have the most benefit to the applicant.
6. OCAHF currently has £5000 available. This will be reviewed every 4 weeks, based on need within the Community.
7. The OCAHF is administered by Oldhamstocks Community Association (OCA) and will be based on applications made directly to us and referrals from the Oldhamstocks Covid Responders (OC19R).
The application form can be accessed as pdf here OCA Coronavirus Hardship Fund – Application Form and Criteria Rev 4 or as a Word document here (once opened click on the download icon at the top right to save a copy)
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT: Lynn Harris, Secretary, Oldhamstocks Community Association firstname.lastname@example.org 07887 950636
During the current Covid 19 pandemic the OCA Committe have been meeting more often to try and work out what we can do help the community. With the “stay at home” situation and socially distancing we have switched to online meetings. We have now had four online meetings, obvioulsy it is not quite so easy for non-committee members to join, you can’t just pop into the village hall! However in the interest of transparancy if anyone from the community would like to attend please email email@example.com and we can send you joining details.
Minutes of OCA Committe Meeting 01 April 2020 are linked below
OCA Minutes of Meeting on Wed 1 April 2020 (virtual)
To support the Covid Responders the OCA has established a Petty Cash system. So if you don’t have any money in the house to give to a volunteer for items they are getting for you, don’t worry, the Covid Responders now have access to money so they will not be out of pocket. The covid responders will administer the Petty Cash system.
The OCA is supporting our Covid Responders as much as we can and we are very grateful to Janice for all of the work she is doing to co-ordinate this and the memeber of the community that have volunteered to help.
You should have had a contact card delivered to you house. If you need help because you are self isolating please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07436 991 460.
The OCA committee is looking at a hardship fund to support anyone in the parish with financial difficultes due to the current situation and will update you once we have something in place.
As of the last Oldhamstocks Community Association AGM on the 5th Feburary, a new Committee was elected to represent our parish.
Linked below is the Design Brief that has been developed from the New Village Hall working group final summary report.
Oldhamstocks Village Hall – Design Brief
With only four remaining members, the Oldhamstocks Village Hall Redevelopment Group is of the opinion that it has reached as far as it can and that the purpose, membership and remit of any future village hall working group will need reviewed in order to make further progress, towards developing options for the new hall. The Group has therefore produced a summary report of work done to date.
OVHRG Final Summary Report November 2019
The OCA Committee Would like to thank the Oldhamstocks Village Hall Redevelopment Group for all of the hard work they have put in to progress the new hall.